Saturday, February 20, 2010

olympic knitting



February 19, 2010
I am one of the 3000 people from around the world that signed up for Olympic knitting. Crazy....I know. The rule is you cast on a knitting project on the day the Olympic started and you are to be done by the time the games end. The project is to bew a project that would challange you but “not ruin your life”. Of course I always go way over board (which is why I can never go on a cruise) so I choose to knit a sweater....a whole sweater. Not just any ol’ sweater, a sweater that I have been drooling over for a long while and one that I would love to actually wear. Yes I know this is me who can never knit anything other that scarfs and shawls because nothing ever fits when I am done. 
I can always hope that this time will be different, I know I will not be able to blame the wool this time, I have perfect wool. It’s a very amazing baby alpaca just like the designer used in her pattern. You may also drool over it here if you're interested. http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall08/PATTcamden.html
 Of course time is not my friend either, the silly Olympics are only 17 days longs.....yikes. So far I almost have one sleeve done...almost. I should have rented a cabin in the woods somewhere and took only my knitting with me.....I could still see me daydreaming away 17 days. 


No comments: