Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Day

In the morning I did some last shopping for my new apartment (yes, I’m moving to the Island) the stores that were open were almost deserted. I just hung out at home and got caught up on my writing; the internet was down so I couldn’t post anything new. In the afternoon Lydia and I decide to hike up to the lighthouse (to see how old and out of shape we really are) The Faro’s claim to fame is that is the tallest natural lighthouse in American Hemisphere. I am not sure what that means but it’s important enough to be written on a big sign at the base. As we huffed and puffed our way up we decide that maybe we were as old as our drivers licence say we are...maybe even a bit older. After we had a brief break at the top and finished taking pictures of the beautiful view of the city we realized it had only taken us 25 minutes...wow, are we in great shape or what? All the way down we complimented ourselves on how a great a shape we were in and how our drivers licence must be wrong...we are much younger than we had thought we were. From there we went to Barbara and Al’s house for another Christmas Supper and we gleefully ate chips and dip and cashews by the handful because we are in such great shape. That is, until we turned our backs to the chips & dip to watch a huge cruise ship come in (we were on the roof) and one of the dogs stole our dip...all of it! Never turn your back on the chip bowl....I don’t know what came over me because I usually don’t do that. ....I keep my eye on the chip bowl at all times. Oh well, probably for the best, we needed room for the feast Barbara had prepared for us, and it was indeed a feast. They had also invited Walter who is here from BC (another Canadian) and Rua who is from Lithuania, we had such interesting conversations and many hilarious stories of travelling mishaps and language blunders, good to know I am not the only one that has mishaps. And so ended another wonderful Christmas.
It’s official, you do not need snow to get into the Christmas Spirit, the Christmas Spirit is something that dwells in you, not in the snow, and if it dwells in you it follows you wherever you go. It has nothing to do with the snow, the Christmas tree or the gifts under it or the candy and tinsel.

No comments: